Abu Dhabi University provides undergraduate and postgraduate programs in a wide range of studies. Until recently, ADU had no integrated system for budget analysis and execution, relying exclusively on manual Excel sheets.
In 2014, the university began looking for an enterprise performance management (EPM) solution to improve the core process of planning and forecasting. Certainly, the requirement was to implement an end-to-end system capable of handling higher education budgeting focused on revenue, human capital, scholarship, operating expenses, capital expenditure, and budget execution.
- Improve budget execution, which was lacking data integrity and analytical tools. Hence, The budget consumption can be matched constantly with the university’s financial forecasts
- Make it easier to align budgeting and planning with ADU’s five-year strategic goals of operational excellence, financial growth, and excellence in teaching
- Eliminate time-consuming, error-prone spreadsheets where a missing formula or a mistaken data assumption could require days to re-run budget calculations
- Develop reporting and analysis that integrates with the university’s operational systems for variance analysis, narrative reporting, and budget report generation
- Integrate budgeting and forecasting with enterprise resource planning processes—financials, procurement, human capital management, and certainly the student information system
- Increased forecasting efficiency by automating and centralizing budgeting and planning workflows.
- Gained the ability to match budget consumption continuously with financial forecasts. consequently, we avoid budget overruns to monitor the university’s financial health
- Streamlined internal and external reporting processes, combining data plus narrative in a single, secure, and collaborative environment, so that financial and non-financial staff can produce meaningful reports
- Strengthened decision-making capabilities with sophisticated modeling and predictive analytical capabilities. For example, the what-if scenarios are based on the university’s key business drivers
- Increased mid- and long-term forecasting accuracy by rolling the university’s forecasting horizon forward with the passage of time.
“The beauty of the system implemented by Azdan is that it is configurable and easy to use by both financial and non-financial staff. finally, the solution delivers 100% of the expected results.”
— Sherif Mousa, Director of Finance, Abu Dhabi University